Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi and hello from south england

horsyqueen

Reaction score
hello everyone my names Rebecca.
i have kept tropical fish for many years since i was little and have 3 tanks. i am on pratical fishkeeping, model horse love, small horse talk, monster fishkeepers, youtube and meny others.

when i was little(5) i had a tank of baby(ents i think) smooth newts. unforchantly meny died due to the rocks rolling around and crushing meny of them so i set them free.

a few weeks ago i had to look after my mums friends chaild and she wanted to go pond dipping in my pond. we found the last goldfish(thanks pepper my cat), a wormy thing(eww), two leaches which she picked up (i hate leaches as i have a fear of the them since they are wormythings that such your blood), and 10 smooth newts 3 we set free but she caught one and put it back with the others.

i had a spare fish tank up and running as a temproary tank. on saturday probebly i will get a second hand tank to make into their permanent home. today i managed to find some food they will eat frozen blood worm!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are so cute and remind me of gobies(have no idea why).

i asked my mum and she said i could have some tanks for some outside which i will bring in in winter.

i love watching spring watch and it just gave me an idea of makeing a pond/tank outside.

i know meny latin names of the fish i want and have. its funny going to a shop and i ask them whether thay have this fish in latin and they have no idea what fish i am talking about.
i will be getting the african clawed frog(i think) for some of my aquriums.

i have other hobbies to like model horses which i have 100 and more comming i even have some prize winning ones.

Last edited:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Rebecca. Great story and I see you're already contributing to the forum. Just a friendly reminder: keep in mind that we have a large number of non-native English speakers on the forum, so please try to use capitals, punctuation, etc where appropriate, as listed in the terms of service when you joined.

horsyqueen

Reaction score
I will try :happy:. Some words i cant spell being dyslexic but i will use Microsoft Word to help me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1