Tons of Exciting News!

forester

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kat
The two new baby axies arrived this morning!! Momo and Toothless are currently waiting to be moved into their new tank. I can't believe how tiny they are! I'm not sure how to feed them, because they are so small. I'll be posting pictures once I have some.

Both are just barely over an inch. I posted in the gallery a bunch of pictures of them, if you want to see. Here's some new ones:

Momo is the leucistic, and Toothless is the melanoid.

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 161
They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what camra do you use because your pics are so clear when mine are dark.

It's a Canon Powershot SD1200 IS. Try turning on the macro feature. That usually helps my pictures. It allows you to do extreme close ups without getting blurry and grainy. Also, increasing light as much as possible helps get a clearer picture. My mom is a photographer, so I know most of the point-and-shoot camera functions. That should help you more than getting a new camera (unless your camera doesn't have a macro option) because you would have the same issues with any camera. Angles are also important because you're shooting through glass. I take about three or four different versions of each picture from different angles with the flash on and off. Then I check them on the computer for the clearest shot.

where did you get them from...? i too should be getting some soon....did you order them online?
also is your melanoid supposed to get darker? i just ask cause i am supposed to be getting one

All the colourations of babies is like this, mine are smaller and are more seethrough, shortly momo and toothless will start showing their colours more as they grow until boom mini adult axolotl :D

They're adorable! My little babies are just under 2 inches and I'm feeding them live blackworms.

I got them from Jay Sommers. He's been wonderful throughout my moving trouble, and I highly recommend him. Both will darken as they age. Right now I can see every in their little stomachs!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back