Waiting to get my axies, tomorrow morning they should arrive...

get ready....clear your day.....you will watch them for hours. Make sure you post some pictures so we can all see your new babies

hahaha try re-decorating your tank! I do that all the time, and yes, don't forget the pictures! we love pics!

i thought melanoids had to be black? what does a golden one look like?

Ooooh pics please!!!

Congrats on your babies

Tomorrowwww?! But that's AGES away!

I'm excited on your behalf :) Looking forward to the piccies.

i thought melanoids had to be black? what does a golden one look like?

They are black, I believe that sentence was missing a comma XD

That's the same colors that I have. Hope they get to you as soon as possible! I know how exciting it is!

i took the day off..... i took a few sleeping pill last night to attempt to go to sleep but i kept waking up checking the clock...... oh boy now that i am awake i just keep waiting for the postal worker to get his bum over here...........

are they there yet? ;)im so excited for you

oh yes they arrived....... all 3 ate after about a half hour....i will post pictures as soon as my camera charges.... they are so cute and small... the melanoid is the biggest and has been exploring the most the golden is second biggest and the leucistic is the smallest and ate the most of them all...

i was looking at my leucistic and it seems to have tiny dusting of pin prick size spots of pigment on his head and down his back.... my golden seems to be a very pale yellow at this point i don't know if there is any chance of him getting more yellow of if he will always be a light yellow...

yeah..congrats....Im not completely sure but I think the colour can get deeper as the get older.

i hope it does.... but if not thats ok too...although i would love a very orange golden one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back