Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Is it normal for axies to be so lax?

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Hey guys its not that im worried about this but is it normal for axies to be so lazy? O.O cuz my little Axol and Axie are so lazy that they pretty much only get active when feeding and pooing and going up for air , is this normal , i heard it is but just wanted to have a confirmation. Also i wanted to ask if all axies have to bite at your finger to be "healthy" cuz all i've heard is axies biting at their owners fingers on here but mine used to do that when they were little but now they only snap when they'res actual food infront of them (me holding it or infront of them on the sand) I guess they have super smell? :D But anyways yea guys i was just hoping you can answer that for me :) Heres some pics of em i took just now :wacko:

HNI_0082.jpg

HNI_0083.jpg

HNI_0091.jpg

HNI_0090.jpg

HNI_0088.jpg

HNI_0084.jpg

HNI_0089.jpg

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Hehe my sig is the sincerest thing some1 could say :D

Yea their deffinately healthy just wanted to know if its normal

yellowpebble

Reaction score
its normal for them to be lazy... Just most people don’t talk about the lazy ones :D It depends on the axolotl, i have one active and one lazy. you just have 2 lazy.

And age does that too, just like people after a certain age don't want to wake up at 5 in the morning and go digging in the garden and playing on the playground. Older things generally have less energy, or different interests.

and beautiful colour!

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation! ^^ Yea i guess i do have 2 lazy i am hopefully getting 1-2 more but friggin Big Al's keeps having problems with the supplier that sold these ones to them keeps backing the order up for some reason and now they "dont know" whats happening with the order so still waiting and hopefully in the summer i'll be able to get a golden albino and a leacistic cuz only wildtypes were left last time and i went there for african dwarf frogs suprised beyond belief to find lotls since its so rare where i live so i couldnt resist getting one and since he was doing good i got another one the next day so yea. But also thanks for the compliment about the colours cuz i always thought they were kinda plain average looking colours.

carsona246

Reaction score
mine are getting lazier and lazier it seems. They used to be fairly active when they were young, but not so much anymore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1