Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New tank all kitted out

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my custom tank finally arrived

I spent the whole day setting it up and decorating so my baby could have her nice new home... which she looks teeny tiny in :D

Its 85x35x35cm (105 litres) or 33.5x13.8x13.8 inches (38 gallons)

Anyways here is how it looks, its still a work in progress but I'm happy thus far

boo-penguin-albums-lotyl-picture16591-p6160148.jpg

boo-penguin-albums-lotyl-picture16592-p6160149.jpg

boo-penguin-albums-lotyl-picture16593-p6160150.jpg

Oh and there is my sweet little Lotyl... she looks really small in that pic but she's actually about 24cm long.

Anyways she's just discovered that her new home is bigger... and she loved that teapot with plants

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Hey Boo i really love how ur tank looks right now ^^ ur little lotl's so adorable and small looking :O but if shes 24cm she's big but yea i think u did a great job all in on day. :proud:

emz

Reaction score
I love your teapot idea that looks great. And they are some cute axie teddys on top! Did you knit them? not as cute as your real axie though of course. :D

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
Thanks guys

I thought of the teapot because she has a habit of pulling the plants out and moving them... cute to watch but annoying when you wake up and nothing is where it was. Now she can't move her plants... well most of them.

Hopefully she'll grow now that her tank is nice and big (I'd love her to get up over the 30cm mark)

@Emz... thanks, actually they are croched...I learned how to just to make them... so cute... but now I've branched out, I just made a croched dinosaur for a friends son

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1