Earthworm Pellets?

Here is some more info on it.

"Fresh Whole Earthworms are the primary ingredient followed by human consumption grade, fresh natural seafood. Contains the essential 6 highly unsaturated fatty acids, natural wild beta-carotenes in silver, red, blue and yellow and is chock-full of natural proteins as well as more different vitamins then you can count on your hands and toes. Only the best ingredients available are used."

MINIMUM CRUDE PROTEIN is approx. 48%

I have never heard of earthworm pellets before.

I found them online they seem pretty good, assuming they are the same thing you were looking at..
The ones I saw were at Almost Natural Tropical Fish Food.

I've messaged the seller, asking for a full list of ingredients, so we can decide if they're axie-safe. Will let you know if I get a reply :happy:

The list of ingredients I was told that was in it contained earthworms, seafood-1, seafood-2, greens and vitamins. They didn't give me anything more detailed than that. I would assume due to proprietary issues.

However, I did get a more complete nutritional analysis. Minimum crude protein is 48%, minimum crude fat is 6%, maximum moisture is 9%, maximum ash is 7%, and maximum crude fiber if 4%.

You definately got a more useful reply than me, LoL!
"I buy in bulk sacks from the manufacturer and it does not list the ingredients i'm afraid. I just know that the pellets are impregnated with liquid worm extract" :D

"ingredients: earthworms, seafood-1, seafood-2, greens and vitamins Fresh Whole Earthworms are the primary ingredient followed by human consumption grade, fresh natural seafood. Contains the essential 6 highly unsaturated fatty acids, natural wild beta-carotenes in silver, red, blue and yellow and is chock-full of natural proteins as well as more different vitamins then you can count on your hands and toes. Only the best ingredients available are used."

I am thinking of ordering some when my axie pellets start to run out.

I have bought and used these earthworm pellets and the sellers shrimp pellets before and with no complaints from my guys :)

Hmmm... After having a look at the other pellets on offer by this seller, the bloodworm pellets look to be the same as the ones I bought last year (same packaging + labelling), which have been ignored by my adults every time I've tried them. I have just bought some earthworm ones + some shrimp ones though, so I'll let you know how they go down ;)
Also tried my little babies + my friend's adults on my usual pellets tonight, which seem to have been a hit all round, so I'll test the bloodworm pellets on them too later this week - I think that maybe the bloodworm ones don't smell of anything.

For that price I'm considering buying some but I've just spotted 50g FISH FOOD - complete fish food - BARGAIN PRICE | eBay UK and I'm wondering if they are suitable as well?

THIS PELLET MIX CONTAINS:

SHRIMP (fishes favourite)
GREEN LIP MUSSEL
BLOODWORM (hydrolyzed bloodworm extract)
HIGH PROTEIN (contains immune health booster)
KRILL (protein packed)
CRUSTEACEAN (crab)
SPIRULINA (aids colouration)
MILK PROTEIN (calcium booster)
MARINE AMINO (aids cell regeneration)
MEATY MARINE (protein booster)
KELP/ALGAE (aids digestion)

This ideal food source will not cloud your water and it will give your fish a much needed protein and calcium boost
This super complete pellet mix is ideal as an all year round feed for all indoor coldwater fish.
Ideal food for all cold water fish and tropicals:
Koi, Goldfish, Shubumpkins, Oranda, Blackmoor, Tench, Rudd, Orfe, Catfish, Sterlets, Sturgeon, Loach, Plecos, Discus and indeed all cold water or tropical fish

Will also readily be eaten by Crabs, Shrimp, Terrapins and Apple Snails

Has anyone else been using these? I've been feeding about 10 per axolotl daily for a few weeks as the last of my earthworms escaped and got battered and semi eaten by the cat :( I've noticed though that my little ones have dropped so much weight (except my two babies) since being fed on these. They are all receiving them well so they are definitely eating them. I'm just wondering if anyone else has found this. I'm going to alternate them with bloodworm cubes again until I can go digging or have some pennies :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back