Fester update

loki0309

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just incase anyone is curious as to how Fester is getting on.

Her gills have recovered and are lovely and feathery looking. She is way more active and now comes to the front of the tank to "talk" when someone is in the room, Her belly is still very big, but she seems happy wandering around her home, climbing over her hide and doing the occasional spot of swimming.

and I would like to thank all of you who helped out with advice, it was much needed and very much appreciated.

a pic of her now and one of when she first came to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
WOW! Thats a very big transformation gillwise , Fester's looking very beautiful ;D As for the stomach could u post a pic of his stomach so we can see it?... As for everything else he looks like a very healthy happy lotl ;)

Wow! She looks so much better. I was just thinking the other day about little Fester and wondering how she was! Thanks for updating us!

Haha, typical axolotl trying to squeeze through the tiniest space!

I'm delighted to see Fester looking so much better, Loki, and you must be relieved.

Do you want to pop us up some pictures of her tummy for us to see? Worth it I reckon :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back