Illness/Sickness: Gill Fungus

Star

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Star
It looks like one of my little guys has got fungus forming on his/her gill :( The other seems fine only with rather lack lustre gills again. I'm going away for 10 days shortly and can't really take Hoshi with me, I'm already pushing it taking the hatchlings again :p I'm thinking that the best method is 2x daily salt baths and fridge time and hope it clears up before I go away?

What could have caused the fungus, any ideas? I did a water change today and tested the parameters

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm

I don't currently have a thermometer in their tank as I have one in my 4ft and one in my other 2ft but they are both reading 20.

Do salt baths until you leave, and then leave her in the fridge. Do you have someone that can change the water while you're gone?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back