Quick question/advice please

Raziela

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Finally got my 3ft tank almost completely set up, but I'm just wondering if this will be too big for my axie as it is only 4inches long at the moment?

I was gonna give a trial run for a few days in the tank to see how he/she gets on/to check for any signs of stress, but thought it was probably better to ask in here first to avoid any unnecessary stress

Help/advice please :)

What have you got your axie curenntly in? you could keep him in whatever he is in till he is big enough to go in the big tank then again if the thing your axie is currently in is to small I see no problem in puting him in a large tank and you can easily fit a second axie in a tank that big.
Sam:happy:

If you hand feed him it's not a problem. As long as they can find their food the larger footprint shouldn't be a problem

I put mine into a 2ft tank when s/he was about 2 inches long and put a big bottle cap at the front to put food in so s/he knows where it is. S/he is noticably growing a lot every day and doesn't seem stressed at all :D

Next door has moved their leucy (1 of the batch I collected for us + a couple of other people) into a 3ft-er over the weekend + s/he seems fine. Got some nice hidey holes so it doesn't get stressed + a long as you know yours is eating, I can't there being a problem - in the wild, they'd be in much larger spaces ;)

oh I was gonna use the "food in a glass to keep it all together" method of feeding as the tank is on a 2.5ft unit so i cant really reach the bottom without a stepladder (lol imma tiny XD)

So you guys all think it'll be ok? I just think s/he looks bored in the 1ft tank, the 3ft looks a bit more exciting and whatnot

I put my 4 1/2 inch golden albino in a 3 ft tank, he looked really tiny, but he didn't seem stressed about it at all.

The only problem I've found is that he's now growing super fast!

Heh Mojo thats kinda what I thought first before posting, but still, better to ask first regardless of how silly you think the question is, right? :p

and lol I can't wait to see mine grow even more, I can't believe s/he's grown so much in the 2 months i've had him/her

Well the move happened this afternoon, and after hiding behind a plat pot for 10-15mins s/he came out to explore the new surroundings and seems to like it, if the swimming like a maniac and posing on top of plants/plantpots/massive rock is anything to go by anyways lol

So I've been using a glass to keep the bloodworm together to feen axie, today however, the glass I usually use shattered while being washed, so I grabbed the first available glass, not realising it was my Jack Daniels tumbler...

Axie has now claimed the glass as a new clear "hide" (after nomming an entire cube of bloodworm in 5mins lol)

Ah well, at least s/he's got taste eh? ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back