Question: Red dot under chin?

Bdyoung

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
TheAxolotlWhisperer
I just noticed today that there was a red dot under my axie's chin? Last night my axies kinda started to do a tug of war thing over a worm but the one with the red dot eventually let go and i gave her/him a different one. Should i be worried or is it just something that will fix itself over time?

Attachments

• DSCF2440.jpg
    DSCF2440.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCF2442.jpg
    DSCF2442.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCF2443.jpg
    DSCF2443.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 328
Frankly I have no clue what it is, but I wouldn't worry unless other signs of poor health come into the picture.

I admit I don't know much about Axolotls as I only got mine a couple of weeks ago but maybe he grazed his chin when fighting with the worm?

Yeah I'm sure it's nothing serious

It looks like a small injury: like a bruise or a puncture wound. Is there anything sharp in the tank that he could've hurt himself on? It could also be a bite mark from another axolotl. They're not always the friendliest toward each other, especially when food's involved.

There's rocks but they are pretty rounded and I didn't see my other axie bite him well atleast not when they were fighting for the worm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back