Tank too warm

crazylady

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
liz :-)
Hi i need some help the heat wave has hit me im in north east England im tank is getting hot i have removed the lid got a fan on the top of the tank an a wet towel around the tank an the tank is on the floor too my curtain shut an windows fully open im also using a cold stone stone in fridge or a hour then placing this in the tank swapping every hour my local pet shop said this works better than a drinks bottle but the tank temp is 22c usually sits at 18c is there anything else i can do i am also getting a ceiling fan up today as at mo the only fan i have is on the tank my axie eat yesterday but was sick never usually does this so i put it down to tank been to hot any help will be great thank you

You're doing the best you can at the moment. 22c isn't terribly high, so as long as you can keep it from going over that, you should be fine.

If it does get too warm and you have trouble keeping the tank cool, you can put your axolotl(s) in the fridge for the duration of the heat wave.

thank you i will keep up on the things im doing an hope the heat wave goes soon i she seems to be more settled than she was im going to leave her today an maybe try to feed her tomorrow night when its not as hot i will read up about putting axie in the fridge just in case

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back