Axie not eating

ChasingSanity

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Liz
My beautiful Captain Slow has stopped eating his worms, and won't eat Axie pellets either. He's still active and looks fine, but he won't eat. Is it just because he's cold? We've have single digit days every day here since the start of winter. He's in my bedroom which doesn't have a heater at all, and I've read that Axies don't eat as much if they're cold?

It could be. How old is your axolotl? How warm is the tank? How often do you feed him?

I'm not sure how old he is, the pet shop wasn't sure either. he's approx 18cms long though. The water is ~ 10 degrees in the day, lower at night and I offer him food every couple of days.

He's definitely pretty chilly. I wouldn't be surprised if he only eats around once a week. Keep offering food as you have been. If he starts getting too skinny, you might need to actually warm his tank up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back