Country
England
Display Name
Aaron >( ' - ' )<
Hey guys just thought i would update you on my axies,

Seems everyday they grow bigger :p

Wildy - codex is now 7cm and is huge
Albino - Flix is now 3.5cm and has its back legs :D

So i decided to move there tanks around after my dad went on a tank buying spree, he came home with 3 new tanks rofl.

Wildy - was in the goldfish bowl about 6 litre capacity, now has a corner tank all to himself and thats about 18inches on the back 2 sides and 12 inches on the front and two 3 inch sides too so it looks like a diamond from the top dunno capacity of that one but its alot more than 6.

Thats decorated with 1inch layer of sand, few large stones smoothed and few smaller stones smoothed ( all aquarium safe) has a big hidey pot and alot of elodea planted around with a sponge filter. codex loves the setup too :D

Albino - was in a small tub 2 litre capacity. Has now moved to the goldfish bowl that codex was in this is now decorated with sand some medium stones smoothed (aquarium safe again) has a wierd square hide with holes in and some elodea floating and a fake plant too. I havent added a filter but i have a airstone with very little flow so the water isnt too still.

Other tanks - My goldfish now have a bigger bowl so they can swim around, and there is a spare 1ft tank available, and a smaller bowl is setup to house a couple of minnows as a present for my sisters.

2 x 3ft tanks to setup now :)

Thanks for reading all this waffle, and sorry for all my spelling errors. :D

Will upload photo's in the next few days forgot to take some today and im housesitting elsewhere.

Wow, you lucky thing, you have a great dad! Cant wait to see your tanks and your babies in their new homes. How exciting!! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back