Cycling problems.

Benedikt

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Display Name
John
I don't know what it is about this tank, but it just seems to be turning green all the time.
I've cycled many tanks over the years and I've never had such a problem (Let alone green water, I have never had that)

I'm currently housing a 4cm long baby axolotl in a 90 litre tank until he's bigger. There's no substrate, there's some fake plants and a log. I have a rather large filter for the tank.

I water change daily if I can, but I still can't seem to get rid of the green cloudy water.
I have a water test kit but I haven't done it yet.

Also my water temperature is around 16 celsius.

If anyone could give me any tips, or just tell me that I should just keep doing the daily water changes or whatnot, that'd be great.

Thanks, Benedikt

If it is a real log, that could be your problem. Sometimes they leach chemicals into the water that can make it green, brown whatever. Did you soak it before adding it to your tank?

If your tank is getting sunlight algae could be growing which would turn the water green. If the log is real it might be tannins, these are not harmful to your axie. Sounds like you need to post photos of your axie, babies are too cute not to see :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back