The Oldest

scooty16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Scooty
So I was just nosing around at axolotl facts and read that there has been some cases that axolotls CAN live until they are 25 years old! :eek:

So heres my question: Which of you fun loving axie owners thinks they have the oldest axie? I'm not participating, as my only adult axolotl is 2 years old :p

Also if you can, would love to see a pic of your retired axies! :lol:

Ahhhh pooey, just saw other threads basically asking the same question! But no one seemed to reply! Would be cool to find out the oldest on the forum :)

I haven't seen any other threads, so I'll give my vote for your question being interesting ;)
Like you, I won't participate though, as I still have my original axolotls who are only around 1.5 years old at the moment :D

Haha thanks! It would be interesting to find who has the most oldest and wise axie! :wacko:

Swarley will be a year old this week, so I'm out as well. I am interested to see what the result is though!

I reckon podge is about 1.5 years and pinky, about 1 year... so i'm out too..sorry!

Haha! Oh well, we are all sort of in a tie at the moment! Come on next contender! Show us what you have! hehe :p

1zyddfd.jpg

That's cute and very funny! Mine are out, they are only a few months. Shall be following with interest though, will be nice to see some wise owls/axies :)

I recently had to euthanize my 8 year old.

Awww Kaysie :( I'm really sorry to hear that, thats really sad, but I bet laalflaach is right, I bet it had a super amazing life with you :happy: sending e-hugs your way :love:

What colour was your 8 year old?

I have two remaining from my original 3 adults purchased, they were over 8 years when purchased , the seller had had them that long but says they were 9 inches long when purchased by him,I have had them for nearly 5years so they are at least 13 years old could be a couple of years at least on top of that. but we will say 13 lol

I had a melanoid, who was 8, and an eyeless female who was 6.

Awww they sound cute! What were their names?

I lost one of the wild types who was named Snapper, because she snapped at everything including the plants and wood if in her way. The 2 remaining are a leaucistic called Scarlet because of HIS red gills, and a female wild type called Satan because she is absolutely evil lol, she is bossy and has a wicked glint in her eye, she will run over Scarlet or under her to get to the worms first.

Scooty, I called them Blue and Lady.

Digger: I couldn't help but smirk at the name Satan, she does sound like a cheeky axolotl!

Kaysie: Those are nice names! Do you have any axolotls currently?

I've got one, their offspring Thad.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back