Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What parents

ozie

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on what color parents i need to get white or golden albino offspring, thanks Ozie.

Jossie

Reaction score
This is going to sound silly, but what exactly are you asking?
Do you have existing axies that you would like to breed?
Or are you looking to buy axolotls that you could breed in the future?

ozie

Reaction score
Thanks yes I do have a female and male Axie so will give it a go! Bred 80 odd babies 6 mths ago from a black mother and golden albimo dad and got all dark or black babies. They are 4 mths old now. ozie

yellowpebble

Reaction score
That means the black mother did dont carry the albino gene. Albanism is recessice, so both of the parents must be carrying it to produce any albino babies. The safest way to be 100% sure is to breed albino to albino. If you knew the genetics of it, you could find a parent of another colour carrying the albino gene, and your babies would be 50/50 albino and dark.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1