Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The last survivor

Mr Poseidon

Reaction score
Dayton, Oh (summer) Charleston SC (fall winter spr
So a while ago i bought some ghost shrimp 6 of them! after Q i put em in my axi tank. at first i think Poseidon didnt know what to think. but now looking at my tank less then a week later theres only one left....

do yall think i should get him some more?

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
That's up to you. They're good to have in the tank from a clean up and occasional axie snack point of view.

Some people breed ghost and cherry shrimp for their tanks.

yellowpebble

Reaction score
i want some shrimp for my tank too!!! where do you find them to begin with? Pet stores areound here are very limeted :(

lea

Reaction score
where are you??? if your in or near brisbane i have some cherry shrimp you could caome and get some. I started with 9 and now i have about 200

Anette

Reaction score
I didn't have a great experience with ghost shrimp. Either my Axie wasn't fast enough to catch them or just wasn't interested in them, but the shrimp ended up eating all the frilly things on her gills. Needless to say I took the shrimp out (they now live in a 80 gallon tank with my turtle, where they spend their days swimming up and down the tank.)

Miss

Reaction score
shrimp are a good snack for axis.

my 2 have managed to clear out a whole population of red cherry shrimp. 2 years worth of breeding and 70+ adults and 100's of smaller ones in a matter of only 2 weeks. the tank has monstrous sized java moss and fonatalis (spelling?) balls and plants and driftwood .. everything to make a happy shrimp. but they axis have hunted them all down and they are no more... i knew the axis would eat them... but i didn't think that fast. i thought with all the plants and specially the dense moss they would have half a chance .... but nope. my 2 are skilful hunters. and i have watched them move the drift wood around and walk straight through the middle of the moss bundles with ease.

lea

Reaction score
They are a very expensive treat here. I paid $4.95 per shrimp that is why I started with only 9.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!