Not growing axie

georgecrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
some advice please?, i raised some of my eggs 4/5 months ago
now i know they can grow at different rates all bar 1 are ranging 3 to 5.5 inches
the '1' still being 1cm and not growing at all . i had 3 like it and the other 2 eventually died
but this one has all his legs and a constant supply of daphnia which he is like a little pacman and gobbling up constantly-is this normal ? will he just suddenly take off?
obviously he is a container on his own as the biggest of his siblings would swallow him whole .thanks in advance

Sometimes there are genetic combinations that can create smaller or weaker individuals.

If he eats fine, I'd say keep him and see if he ever grows.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back