Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Moving!

Jenste

Reaction score
So the hubby and I made an offer on our first house, AND JUST GOT THE NEWS THAT IT WAS ACCEPTED

I look around...and go "****!" - I have a lot of tanks to move!

1. the axolotls in their 10 gallon summer tank (the only way to get them in front of the A/C for the summer)
  2. the axolotls awaiting 30 gallon
  3. a 72 gallon tank with 10 frogs / 2 Goldfish and 2 clown plecs
  4. a 10 gallon with ACF tadpoles
  5. a 10 gallon with the newly morphing ACFs separated from their still tadpole siblings
  6. a 10 gallon with an ACF with a spinal deformity named Igor who can't live with the big colony due to his 'specialness', who is housed with the 2 Borealis ACF...

When we moved into this apartment I only had the 30 gallon with 3 ACF to move and a 10 gallon I treated as a spare.

I am NOT looking forward to moving my amphibians!

Probably going to invest in some plastic tubs to shift them
The frogs especially...they can only travel in the bare minimum of water to prevent them from drowning if the water shifts while they are breathing.

Anyone feel like coming to Rhode Island and helping me move?!?!?!

aeviette

Reaction score
With the frogs, could you put them on damp cotton wool or something? Pretty hard to drown in that. I have no idea what keeping frogs entails though. Congrats on the house, and good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1