Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Did they know? Or were they just hungry?

scooty16

Reaction score
Today I was tidying my room, and had my music on and I was dancing around and singing (don't deny it, you all do it too!) and well I did a wriggly finger dance to my adult axie, and he started walking along right up against the tank and stopped and looked at me! Then I did the same dance to my baby axie (whose on the other side of the room) and it stopped, floated in the water with it's nose against the glass, and just looked at me!

So.... the question is, did they know I was just being plain crazy? "Look at mummy, she is acting SO weird, I'm not sure if I can look away!" :p

I LOVE MY LITTLE AXIES! :D

ZoeT94

Reaction score
Mine do that!! Podge thinks i'm mad! ;) am i?

scooty16

Reaction score
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! Yes I think they thought my finger was a big juicy worm! I only fed the adult yesterday, Mr Bojangles is sooo greedy!

Mr Bojangles seemsto want food ALL the time. Is this a normal axie thing, or am I not feeding him enough? I feed him 2 worms every other day.

pookiewn

Reaction score
Very cute, mine do the same if I go anywhere near the tank! Amusing seeing as I sit next to it :happy:
I was just setting up the new filter, and had four axies having a nose/nom to see if my hands were or contained food! :lol:

emz

Reaction score
They do seem to be inquisitive little things. Whenever i sit at my desk painting i always look around to find he has moved close and is staring. I find it hard to focus on what im doing when i can sense his eyes are on me! Maybe i will give him a taste of his own medicine and turn around and paint him for a change so its me staring at him! he he.

Last edited:

sheena22

Reaction score
never do the wiggly finger dance in the tank, i wasnt even doing the wiggly finger dance just smoothing the sand out and the little bugger bit my finger lol:) I loved every moment of it though x

hacelepues

Reaction score
never do the wiggly finger dance in the tank, i wasnt even doing the wiggly finger dance just smoothing the sand out and the little bugger bit my finger lol:) I loved every moment of it though x

Haha I love it when they bite me. It's how I know they are feeling well.
I just stick my finger in and wiggle and they come up and nom! And then they usually sit in my hand and continue trying to eat it XD

Last edited:

emz

Reaction score
I always move my hand away when he looks at it like its food. Not that i would mind and am quite curious about what it feels like when they try to bite but i think i would hurt him as my nails are very long so unfortunatly i cant try. Maybe next time i break a nail i will give it a go!

ZoeT94

Reaction score
It hurts a bit, especially when podge does it, as he does it with great force!! But pinky, not so much! They both do it when I do some maintenance in the tank!

hacelepues

Reaction score
It hurts a bit, especially when podge does it, as he does it with great force!! But pinky, not so much! They both do it when I do some maintenance in the tank!

hahaha with a name like Podge I'm not surprised that he's an aggressive biter!

scooty16

Reaction score
My adult once actually ate my finger, i had trouble trying to get him to let go off it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!