How long should you quarantine feeder guppies for?

shells

Reaction score
Country
Australia
And will they survive ok with no filtration during quarantine?
Just new to this and would love to see how Abraham reacts to having food to "chase"..

A month at least.

Have a go at the Caudata Culture Article on the subject.

its really up to you. a good rule of thumb is the longer the better!!! but, not everyone is willing to wait that long... sometimes your ok sometimes your not.

i had a little 10 gal. that i was keeping a bunch of tropical fish in. One day at the store i fell in love with this angel fish.... as it turns out s/he had ick and it killed all but one fish in my tank.

thats how i learned my lesson. therefore i Q everything that lives plants feeder fish shrimp. or i grow my own, i started a worm farm i know what i put into the farm therefore i know what the worms are eating and if they are dying or not.

but i would quarantine at the minimum 14days, also thats how long most fish stores garentee their product.

Good luck!

And will they survive ok with no filtration during quarantine?
Just new to this and would love to see how Abraham reacts to having food to "chase"..

To answer your first question, yes, but you will have to do frequent, if not daily water changes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back