Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi from Australia!

peeweetheaxie

Reaction score
Hello there! :D
I'm Daniella from Australia and I have two axolotls called Pee-Wee and Beetlejuice (If you're a Tim Burton fan, you'll understand the names). I joined the website to get help if I need it and to help others as much as I can. I'm not really an expert as I've never owned axolotls before and I've only had my little guys for about 5 months.
So yeah :wacko:
x

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Well welcome to the forum, Daniella. You're in good company here; there are lots of axolotl fans, and I'm sure at least a couple Tim Burton fans.

emz

Reaction score
Hi im sure you will find this site as enjoyable and helpful as i do. And great names by the way i do like a Tim Burton film!

bobyn51

Reaction score
Hello All

This is actually the first time I have been apart of any type of forum website.

The reason for joining is to learn more about caring for axolotls. I am a Prep teacher with two Axolotls, male and female. We have had them for over 1 year now. On Monday 25th of July our axie laid eggs.

I am finding out if what I have been advised to do is correct. I have separated the eggs from the two axolotls, they are all attached to plants in their own fish tank about 20 liter fish tank they have a filter.

First question:
I was wondering if it would be wise to separate the eggs out into separate containers say 15 liters with maybe 10 eggs in each?

Second question:
If I do, do I need to supply each container with it’s own filters or is simply cutting out a hole in the lid then covering the hole with mesh ok?

Third question:
Water acidity level I have been making sure their water remains neutral alkaline. Is this needed?

Any other advice you may give in this process would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to responses.
:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!