So whats up?!?!?!

Mr Poseidon

Reaction score
Dayton, Oh (summer) Charleston SC (fall winter spr
Country
United States
Display Name
~~Eddie~~
Hey everyone ive been super busy working three jobs, but i finally have a day off and so far ive cleaned the **** out of my axi tank, but not enough to kill the cycle!

just wanted to know whats new with you and your axis?

Mine are eating every other day now, but they are hungry on different days. So I'm still feeding axies every day!
Awesome!

Well *stretches* I just finished up a contract with HP - so got a grand total of nothing to do for a few weeks. Possibly getting a 5 week contract for September, but I haven't heard anything. Sooo... officially hanging out and getting a few design projects up and running (including my holding page game for 'Oh Herro' - see attached teasery screen grab, I'll let y'all see it when it's done)

Got about 30 songs to learn for my band, and I've been spending waaaaay too much money on effects pedals.

Thats about it for me this week, lol!

As far as the lotls go, they've been hanging out giving me 'inspiration' aka 'staring me out'.

It's lovely having them next to me pottering about as I work. I wish I'd had axolotls around in the days I worked in design full time - I'd have got a lot more done!

Attachments

• selection.gif
    selection.gif
    137.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Packin' up to move to Alaska, which entails cleaning the snot out of my run-down piece of poo trailer in hopes that I get my security deposit back, trying to rehome critters, trying to stay cool in this heat wave. Today wasn't too bad, only a heat index of 106F (41C).

Today I hiked in a giant bag of frozen popcicles into our crew building trail a mile into the Wilderness. I'm now the most awesome person to have ever existed in their eyes. It's good to be worshipped. Lol.

Today I hiked in a giant bag of frozen popcicles into our crew building trail a mile into the Wilderness. I'm now the most awesome person to have ever existed in their eyes. It's good to be worshipped. Lol.

LOL! And what a thing to be worshipped for!

So you chose Alaska then? Thats fantastic, I'd love a chance to go there! Good luck with the packing, I don't envy you :S

@ Mewsie but you can never have enough effect peddles!!!! what kind of band are you in?

@ Kaysie, i bet your excited to go to Alaska!!! i bet your crew needed them Popsicle's! i mang. a pool and am constantly buying fezzey pops for my guards.

@ Mewsie but you can never have enough effect peddles!!!! what kind of band are you in?

Well - the one I'm talking about there is my functions band - disco, pop, funk, motown, rawk etc. Pretty fun! You play yourself?

You are, of course, completely right that you simply CAN'T have too many effects pedals. Effects pedals are like axolotls in that respect. Problem is, I have GAS for what was originally a $99 pedal (Akai Deep Impact)... The last one I was bidding on went on the 'bay for £780. :eek:

i dabble, i was in a band for a while, but ive played guitar bass drums and ive sung. im not great or anything but its fun! i want to get a full stack currently i have a marshell half stack 100 watt fx head with a 500 watt cab. i love it!
but yes peddles and axis so share that similarity!!!

what do you mean by GAS?

lawl - Sorry, I assume anyone who suffers GAS as I do would also know the meaning! Not long after I met my bf, I bounded into a room one day declaring I had GAS - he looked totally bemused... Til I showed him a lush bass I wanted. (Still gassing for that, actually)

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome!

Flip - a 100w head should do you nicely for pretty much anything! What guitar/bass do you play?

I quite fancy learning drums, too, but I have enough stuff I want to learn already!! Work keeps getting in the way.

i have an Ibanez RG its from 2000 but i love it! i also have a pos one that i beat the **** out of!
a pos bass
ludwig drum set
and an entire sound system with a 12 channel mixer
as well as other random odds and ends

and wow i guess i do have GAS. rofl!!!!!

All is pretty good here.
I've been spending time searching for a bargain tank and filter on the internet, as I'm finally allowed to purchase one, although I had to sit through a lecture by my mother about how she thinks that this is not a wise time to buy an animal that can live 15 years, and that I should just stick with fish because they are less of a commitment, and I need other things that are not fish related.
However I missed out of a pretty awesome deal because of my own stupidity.
Both of these events have made me rethink whether or not it's wise to get an axie. But you know what? It's probably going to cost me just as much to get my little 25L tank going with fish as it lacks a filter!
Yes, I've talked myself back into getting an axolotl (I think)

I have UFO (Un-Finished Object) Syndrome.

Well Ive been sick :( I've had a sore throat and haven't been sleeping, infact I've been pulling all nighters and it's driving me round the bend!

I'm on summer break from university at the moment, so not up to alot! I can play the drums, let's all start a band called 'The Caudata Club' (we'll be soooo much better than that Culture Club! ;))

well, ive been constantly taking apart and rebuilding my tank designs, ile build one, see a floor and edit it haha.

There only temporary but i spent around 5 hours straight medling with a corner tank and a 1ft tank which my girlfriend wasnt very amused as she was sat on the couch :D

I used to play, but nothing special, have a 28 year old telecaster (fender ofc) but thats about it. my acoustic i dropped over my brothers head as i got fret buzz and he was annoying me at the time so that ended up on the bonfire.

Im waiting on silicone to arrive to setup my 3ft and im going on a trek to sheffield to pick up another 2 axolotls, then to town to pick up another :)

ps hope you feel better soon scoot.

@kaysie cant you take any of your critters? or are you rehoming them so you can move?

@Jossie Well, technically an axolotl (imho) is easier to look after than a goldfish because you dont have to feed them daily! Also some goldfish grow HUGE and they need depth of a tank, so you might find out that an axie requires less volume of water too :) (because of the depth ) i find most fish really boring too! say to your mum, if it becomes too much of a problem, i can always rehome, im sure there are plenty of Ausies willing :D

Sorry for all my typo's and cheers for reading ! :D

My axies are HUGE, eating me out of house and garden! I envy them chilling out in their tank, I have my Masters dissertation on Lipoproteins in the Rhodococcus equi genome to finish within 4 weeks and I am planning a wedding in Vegas and a party back home! Not only that I am house hunting too and new tank hunting, everything always happens at once.......:rolleyes:

Jossie, cats and dogs live longer than axies and EVERY kid has one of those! ur mum should stress-less lol :p

As for me, I started back at uni last week, and due to my stupid timetable change I can't work at my previous job anymore. So now I'm forced to look for a new job (which I suck at!!!) and until I get one, I will continue to be broke gah!

My pets are doing great:

Lottie, Pitch and Red (axies) are funny as ever, chilling, eating playing etc..

My axie babies are hatching slowly.. 6 out of 22 here so far. :D

Nimrod (bearded dragon baby) is almost 20cm long! Nawwwww.....

My kitten Merlin is getting huge and is so adorably gorgeous that I carry him around for hours on end (which he LOVES).

And my rat InkSpot still enjoys eating holes in my jumper when I let him chill up in my hood..

And I've been spending a lot more time than I used to doing homework.. Grr..

And that's about it. :)

Im currently learning some songs by muse on the keyboard and my axie is watching me get frustrated but im getting there. My dad and my brother both play the guitar really well so i thought i would be different!

*nods* keys players are like gold dust. I'll send you my set list and you can move to Glasgow, ok?

I'm hoping to visit Scotland one day when I have the money, you have something of interest to me over there :p

Hahaha! No no, but have you tried one? and is it any good?

The University of Edinburgh apperantly has an anatomy museum, which holds William Burkes skeleton, would like to see it since I have a good excuse to, what with doing forensics n all. :proud:

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back