Is it bad that....

Star

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Star
I currently have 4 fish tanks, one is now empty, 3 contain axies. I have just made room for them but I now have a tropical fish tank being moved in on monday (£40, 2ft, complete with fish and stand, bargain!) and I am swapping a spare viv for a 4ft tank within the next week or two. I have no where to put it but I am looking at my sofa thinking do I need a sofa...? I never use it.... I could get a 4ft and a 2ft in there, at least.... That way, if every thing works out and my gorgeous golden is a male, I can breed my golden with my black wild type and keep a few hopefully interestingly coloured babies in all the spare tanks I have :p
Dad says I can charge entry into my room already... Told him I can't until I get my vampire crab, then I will do, he hit the roof until I reminded him he said 'fish things aren't pets, they are just... fish things...' :D Still not happy though lol

Pfft, of course you don't need a sofa! You can sit on a bean bag whilst the lotls are living it up!

I love seeing posts like this! Makes me feel like I'm not the only one who gets teased for having axolotls pushing them out of their own home!

Also vampire crabs look freakin' awesome! :D

For those that don't understand the addictiveness of axies and such I guess it might look a little bad... however, I've had my axies for a little more than a month and have just bought them a 6x2 tank. It was a bargain at £25 and far too good to be missed! Having this tank will mean a complete rearrange of the room and perhaps loosing a sofa and table to fit it in. So, nope! Not bad at all! :lol:
Aw, agreed - vampire crabs are awesome! :D

£25?! wow! You can get a table with a built in fish tank you know... two birds and all that ;)

Also need to chime in on the £25 tank business! That's a bargain and a half! Would love to see what you do with it. =]

See, far too good to be missed! Lol! I will have to sell my 2 and 4 fts to fit it in properly and not overrun the house with tanks. The other half doesn't understand.
As it's already two foot deep, I would like to adapt the stand it came on to sit a just under a foot. It needs to go against a wall and sit on the old fireplace hearth as it's concrete. I thought about making it into a table, but suspended floors and 6ft tanks don't mix very well! So the plans are in motion and I'll post a thread when I'm creating :happy:

Not exactly replacing a sofa, but practically replacing the TV, which I haven't turned on in three weeks, cos it's so much more fun watching the tanks!!

This is just the hatching setup in my lounge room - the other two tanks with the adult axis are in my kids' bedrooms. My bedroom will be next! Thank God I'm divorced, so I can put stuff where I want to, without staying up all night arguing about it ;) hee hee...

It's great meeting you guys - I suddenly feel so normal :dizzy:

Attachments

• Where will the humans live... 002.jpg
    Where will the humans live... 002.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 113
Thank god I'm not the only one!
I'm so glad that my housemates think all my aquatic pets are really cool, because if not I think we'd have a lot of fights.

I currently am putting my two axies in their 2.5 footer in my room, and in a few months I'm looking into getting a 4 footer, moving the two of them into that, and getting two more axies and raising them in the smaller one until they are big enough.
Hopefully that will all fit in my room, but my boyfriend just got me a 50 gallon vertical tank (which is on a stand and is therefore 6 feet tall) in which I plan to breed guppies and ghost shrimp for snacktimes, and my housemates are excited to have it in the living room!
Otherwise I don't know what I'd do. It wouldn't fit in my room!

My babies' tank is in my kitchen on the counter. Everyone worried about losing counter space while I worried about planning my tank :lol:. I also planned my entire living room around the big tank being my centerpiece. I get some strange looks from practically everyone, but I'm perfectly happy with it! My aquarium sat on the sofa during the move-in though. At one point my boyfriend wanted to sit on the couch, to which I said, "But where will the tank go?" :rofl: Needless to say, he found somewhere for it so he could sit.

With the 2ft tropical one I'm getting, apparently the guppies are breeding at an insane rate so I'm thinking, maybe they could be snacks... hmm.... buying them as feeders is illegal but I'm sure there's a loop hole where their offspring isn't, shall look it up!

With the 2ft tropical one I'm getting, apparently the guppies are breeding at an insane rate so I'm thinking, maybe they could be snacks... hmm.... buying them as feeders is illegal but I'm sure there's a loop hole where their offspring isn't, shall look it up!

Solely out of curiosity... how do they enforce that? Like, if you buy some guppies, and don't mention that you're going to feed them to something, and then you do... do they honestly have a way to find out?

Nope they have no way to find out, I guess they rely on honesty :) although if you're in there a lot buying guppies then it wouldn't take much to figure it out

Tanks > furniture. My flatmate gets anxiety dreams about killing stuff in tanks, so everything has to live in my room, otherwise I'd have taken over the place. I'm currently drooling over a little shrimp tank and some fancy colourful shrimp, as pets not snacks! I love how they move, and I want a little shrimp house to go on the corner of my desk. That way maybe I wouldn't wander off so much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back