Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A friend for Kitty?

aeviette

Reaction score
My little Kitty is settling in well, having lots of fun hiding in teapots and things. She keeps looking into the corners of the tank though, swimming along beside her reflection- is she trying to hint that she wants a friend? I was planning to wait until she's fully grown (and confirmed a he or she!) and get another adult, to avoid getting eggies, but maybe she's lonely? What do people think?

mewsie

Reaction score
I'm not sure they get lonely as such, but I do think they act differently when they have pals. We've deliberately kept Albi separate because we love his personality so much and don't want him to change!

I love watching Chester and Roscoe bounding round their tank, they are quite hilarious, and I can't recommend getting another lotl highly enough - but you are absolutely right to consider the future and the fact you may end up needing a second tank. Still, that means you can get them more friends of the same sex!

aeviette

Reaction score
Albi is a bit magic. :) I'll probably decide to be sensible and wait until she's an adult- I might have to move to Cambridge in a year's time (I hope!) and it's going to be enough of a nightmare getting everything and everyone there as it is... I can't be adding another 2ft of tank to that!

scooty16

Reaction score
Oooh Cambridge are doing a Postgraudate course I like the look of! :p

Same here, I would love for Mr Bonjangles to have some friends.

aeviette

Reaction score
Oooh Cambridge are doing a Postgraudate course I like the look of! :p

Same here, I would love for Mr Bonjangles to have some friends.

Let's both go to Cambridge and get a flat together, and fill it FULL of weird animals!

sheena22

Reaction score
I was worried mine was lonely, shes an adult now but the only reason i got her so quick was that she kept eating others legs in the tank at my boyfriends shop and upsetting everyone lol poor other axies, she didnt mind no wonder shes so fat now lol x

I wanted an axy but i was going to wait but he brought her home to me and she is lovely likes biting fingers though;)

mogs9999

Reaction score
yay local Axolotl owners, im from Harlow in Essex but my girlfriend is from cambridge

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!