Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Can i put oxygen tablets in with the axolotl in the fridge?

sheena22

Reaction score
Decided to fridge, salt bath 2 times a day for 15 minutes as shes deteorating, can i use oxygen tablets because i know axies get funny with certain things like that x:confused:

yellowpebble

Reaction score
i've always wondered how axies would go with oxygen tablets. I know they probably will never need them but are they harmfull to the axolotls? what is actually in the tablet?

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it.You don't need them.

Just that the tablets are effervescent means the risk of bubbles forming on the flilembrials could result in severe gill damage.

Gods know what they are made of.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
When I brought my first two axolotl home, the lady added an oxygen tablet to their traveling box. The journey took less than half an hour and I personally do not see why she used it. When I got them home, both had shed what looked like skin. They where fine. I wouldn't use them.

sheena22

Reaction score
Just worried about lack of oxygen in the tub, wont use it will just make sure i monitor him/her regularly thank you for your help xx

Minniechild

Reaction score
Ah, but don't forget that the cooler water is, the higher its oxygen saturation is! Part of what makes fridging such a viable process for us axaholics... Has she been eating and pooping all right so far?

sheena22

Reaction score
Not very well, shes annorexic as ive posted in other posts, i had no idea that the cooler it was themore oxygen saturation thank you for that interesting fact!

Putting her in in a few minutes, just checking temperatures and such at the moment . She tries to eat but finds it difficult and shes covered in fungus now! it literally went from no fungus to complete fungus over night!

Thanks for all the help you guys.

I got a tub from asda its air tight is this ok? ive rinsed thoroughly and have another tub for salt baths? xxx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!