Illness/Sickness: Epic weight loss!

Moomin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Miss_Bikealot
My poor beautiful moomin has suddenly lost a hell of alot of weight. His ribs are showing and his back end is floating.

I've lowered the water as you do, he's still eating one block of blood worm a day though he did go off his food. I've got him some Wax worm to try and bulk him up but he's a snob n wont eat them lol!

Any other ideas for me? any thing i can put in the water?

Can you give us some more details please?

Water temperature, water peramiters, substrate. do you use a de-chlorinator. I don't understand why you would lower the water..

Floating is usually gassy build-up, related to temperature. Hope it passes as normal.

Really can't suggest anything without any more details though.

Thanks for your help mate, it turns out he had cancer, no helping him :( he died

sorry for your loss :( its always so hard to loss pets, its always a genuine heartbreak
there's not much anyone could say to help except at least he is no long in any pain =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back