Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from Atlanta

Hsu Twins

Reaction score
Hi, we live in Atlanta and have been keeping amphibians for 2 years now and have a Marbled salamander, a fire salamander, a fire bellied newt, and two fire bellied toads. We have been researching salamanders and newts for about 1 year before we got a vivarium. We are currently housing the two salamanders and two toads in a semi aquatic vivarium. The newt is in its own 10 gallon aquatic set-up.

Last edited:

jamminnewt

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site!

I have found this site and all the lovely members here extremely helpful and willing to discuss anything with me. I am sure you will have the same experience!

In regards to your amphibian housing, you may want to check out the caudata culture pages to see if keeping the Marbled and Fire salamanders together is a good idea. From what I understand, most species end up fighting if they are mixed and it can be detrimental to the health of the animals. I know some people haven't had problems, but you should definitely double check to be sure everyone is happy and healthy.

It sounds like you have quite a collection started and I am a bit jealous since I have no newts or salamanders right now. :( I can't wait to get some salamanders for my classroom and use them to teach students about Biology.

Welcome again! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!