FYI: Educating the World Wildlife Fund!!

laalflaach

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had two separate visits from the World Wildlife Fund representatives looking for donations, they told me of the plight of the tiger in the wild and how desperate the situation is getting.
Now I have always been a massive tiger fan, but I told them that although I would love to donate to their fund, unfortunately I had my hands full raising another virtually extinct creature, well 22 to be exact.
I showed them the biggest one (nicknamed El Monstro), and explained to them the sad plight of the Axolotl, which both told me they had never heard of. I told them that as well as using the tiger in their speech they should use the Axolotl too, and make people aware of how beautiful they are and how they need to be saved too!
I also told them they could buy one if they wanted, will have to wait and see on that score!
My husband thinks I am crazy, I just got a massive buzz spreading the word!! :proud:

Good work! Sadly many animals go overlooked because they don't have the general cute and cuddly appeal most people regard as endearing. It's unfortunate really because it's the others that need it most of all :(

Spread the word, axolotls need all the friends they can get. Its a sad fact that these guys could be extinct in the wild in the near future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back