He's here!

mekkha

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Melissa
I'm so excited! After a few years of reading up on these creatures and months of waiting, I finally got my dream axie. A gigantic thanks to shygirl for the handsome fella (well... fella for now, won't know for a while).

Without further ado, I present to you Professor Soapy Gumsalot.

*Freezes* Who... me?
IMG_2703.jpg

Well hi.
Hello.jpg

Exploring the tank.
tank.jpg

SMILE!
IMG_2709.jpg

Woops I probably should have put this in the gallery section...Oh well, he's happy here. ;)

Ha ha, they are so funny when they are that small. Great looking tank with loads of place to explore! Much better to watch the tank than the TV.

Regards Neil

:) i remember when i could see mines bones and insidey parts too :D looks Awesome like the tank too.

Wait, you haven't had an axolotl this whole time?

Thanks everyone! And yes Carson I have been axolotl-ess the whole time.

Last edited:
kudos to you for researching this long

Aww, you're welcome, Melissa. Definitely makes the months of hard work spent in raising him worth it, to see him go to such a good home :)

Just beautiful and great to hear you researched so much to take the best of care for him/her?He is a looker I must say congrates I am in the process of research right now too,I think it will be awhile till I get one too.

He's a cutie! Congrats!

aw He/she is so cute :) and its always great to see them going to responsible owners! beautiful tank too congrats :)

Aww you guys are making me blush. :p Thanks for all the compliments! I really wanted to know what I was getting myself into before actually getting one. I'm always preaching to people how to be responsible pet owners, so I have to lead by example too!

He's such a character already... I love him so much!

D'awww he has the biggest eyes! :D so adorable!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back