Illness/Sickness: Need help it won't eat

bordbutterfly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
ashley
My brother found a tiger salamander near the front porch it was starting to dry out he dropped it in the tank with my other two salamanders I took it out, and separated it now its in its own little tank its been in there a little more than a week it wont eat I'v tried blood worms small crickets moths and cutting earth worms in quarters its small and even though I have two salamanders I don't know a lot about them other than they eat the same kind of things as frogs the two bigger salamanders still eat fine but I'm not sure how long it can take for them to get sick if it is a sick little salamander.

It might be that he's stressed from being caught. WC animals tend to have a harder time adapting to being hand fed. Maybe try leaving the food in there for him to eat on his own?

It might be that he's stressed from being caught. WC animals tend to have a harder time adapting to being hand fed. Maybe try leaving the food in there for him to eat on his own?

I've done that already maybe I should just walk it to the pond down the road and let it go its starting to look really thin.

As much as you might like him, it would probably be best for the salamanders sake. If you really want one you could probably contact a local breeder and get a captive bred. They make better pets as they are used to captive living.

I already have two of my own that's why I was worried when brother put it in there tank but they still eat fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back