Inca update

elninca

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,
Just letting all those who have helped me bail out the HMAS Inca so readily since that first, exciting day, that she is happy, well and does not like to eat anything but crickets... haha
Today I cleaned out her tank and moved around the decor so that she could explore a bit and have a think.

However, there is a point to this post:
I was moving the plant (which is attached to a log) when I noticed that caught beneath it was a white, cloudy thing. When I realised that it was a king worm that Inca had declined to eat (*sigh*... THAT was a waste of effort) I removed the plant, washed it in clean, dechlorinated water and cleaned all of the things in tank including the rocks. Ms Inca hasn't got a fungal infection that I have noticed and she seems well... but is a cause to be concerned?

Thanks
El

that's good to hear. they can sometimes spit food back out, I have no idea why. I sometimes find that my axies spew up worms too on occasion.

we now demand pictures of your axie and tank setup!

hahaha - they're in the gallery. :)
Thanks

So no need to be concerned about the fungus seeings I removed it?

your lotl had a fungus?

have you checked your water chemistry and temperature? fungus takes hold when conditions aren't ideal.

is it growing on your lotl or in the tank, on decorations and such?

Was it just the rejected worm that was fluffy and horrid?

I'd say that isn't something to worry over - mine very occasionally spew one back out looking all mangled and yucky. If it's gone unnoticed in the tank for a while, I would imagine it was decomposing.

Just be aware of this kind of thing - rotting food in the tank can send the water conditions haywire. And they tend to make good use of the most awkward places in the tank to deposit stuff!

Very good to hear Inca is coming along :)

your lotl had a fungus?

have you checked your water chemistry and temperature? fungus takes hold when conditions aren't ideal.

is it growing on your lotl or in the tank, on decorations and such?

I think she was asking if she should be worried about the fungus growing on the dead worm eventually infecting Inca. :p

I think Inca will be fine just keep an eye on the water parameters and watch for any sluggish behavior and cotton like growths on her. I wouldn't forsee any problems but just keep an eye out then if necessiary a few salt baths and fridging will clear it right up.:eek:

:D Thanks guys.

In response to your questions, Inca is well. No cotton stuff on her, she's active and happy as always... I don't think she's got a problem...

hdonohue hit my question on the head :p Thankyou all!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back