Thinking of others

scooty16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Scooty
That I hope any of the members on this forum who have been affected by the UK Riots are safe and okay. Can't help but think of the innocent people caught up in this madness. My cousin and her young children live in Enfield, and are quite close to all this.

So just a message to just say stay safe, and thinking of you all in the captial and other places. Hope any animals and amphibians are safe too! :happy:

I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post this, was just concerned for any members on here that may be in the middle of all it! x

Back in the old days people rioted for there rights and now its just free loaders angery there free rides over . Shame this country has gone so far down

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Agreed. I can see that these greedy youngsters have now tainted our rights to peaceful protest. This will not be forgotten quickly.

This country puts grossly overpaid footballers, models, and celebrities up on a pedestal as being what we should all aspire to look like and be like. For the majority of people this is entirely impossible to achieve, and their greed and discontent has been simmering under the surface for some time.

It's horrible. My training session in London yesterday was cut short as half my delegates had a conference call to say their stores (Carphone Warehouse) had been named on BBM/FB as targets for yesterday. I subsequently found out 4 of those stores burnt out last night.

As I flew home, I saw fires burning from the sky. It was very very sad.

I hope everyone is ok and I'm sending my love. It's been encouraging to see the cleanup mobilisation and the support being shown to the police.

I'm not too sure what the riots in london are about, but it's no way to get your message across, whatever it may be.

I was living in Sydney during the Cronulla riots and it was scary, the fighting spilled over into the surrounding areas but in that case, it was completely racially motivated.

Totally agree with both of you. It literally breaks my heart to see what is happening and suffering going on with innocent people. I heard on the news they set fire to a building that had a 90 year old lady inside. Police managed to save her, but what has happened to our world?

One business has been going for 140 years... destroyed in 45 minutes. It is so upsetting.

My cousin has to keep reassuring her son they are going to be okay, as they can see the sony warehouse fire from their windows. It saddens me at how upsetting this is for everyone. I am completely in shock and I honestly didn't think that some members of the human race could be this disgraceful.

I do think its very moving that members of the community are organising clean up events.

As I said, stay safe and I also am sending love to people out there.

It must be terrifying to be in the middle of it. Chris, that sounds terrible.

The rioting started as a peaceful protest against the shooting of a man known to police. The riots happening now have only a very tenuous link to this, they just used it as a springboard. We don't know much about the shooting other than police stopped a cab he was in, and he was killed in one shot.

The family of the man who was killed have begged these thugs not to use their sons name as an excuse to destroy and steal.

Hi Chris, sorry only just seen your post, we must of commented at the same time! That sounds awful though, and as mewsie said, it must of been terrifying.

Just watched a video on the news of two girls bragging about the violence, drinking stolen wine at 9.30am, and saying 'showing the rich they can do what they want'. Its so disgraceful. Not everyone is rich just by a miracle, many of those people have worked hard on their businesses to become what they are today. I am gobsmacked.

I work in an area of Bristol which was affected by rioting last night. There's a burnt out car outside my office and debris in the streets is still smouldering. It just seems so purpose-less. Violence, destruction and looting for no good reason.

I also had tickets for the England-Holland friendly at Wembley tomorrow night :mad:

Stay safe everyone. Could be a rough night ahead.

Wow Mark thats awful :( try and stay safe!, I was shocked when I heard it had moved to places outside the capital.

bragging on the news and drinking stolen goon at 9.30am? jeez.

maybe police should start using potentially deadly force instead.

People are urging for water cannons and rubber bullets, though I've heard rubber bullets have been issued already. Over 500 people have been arrested so far.

Oh by the way mewsie, do you have to go to London again? If so be careful and stay safe! :(

I don't think i have to go back down for another month. Hoping that Glasgow stays out of it.

Sorry to hear about Bristol, Mark, keep safe.

If you can access this: BBC News - Home it will tell you everything. :(

Basically a peaceful protest turned into riots, looting, and buildings being burnt to the ground in London, and other UK areas.

Thanks for starting this thread, Scooty. I'm visiting my parents in the countryside at the moment, but I'll be back in Bristol later this week, and luckily although I live pretty near to all the chaos (and where the previous riots were) I'm in a little residential area. I'm a bit nervous to go back though. It's awful how a peaceful protest ended up turning into something completely crazy. Keep safe, everyone.

Thats okay hun, just stay safe and stay alert!

Just to let you know there is now looting in Machester, Salford. :(

I live about 45 minutes away from Basildon where a building has been set on fire :( it has now been put out so fingers crossed no more will happen. 20 people have been arrested in Essex due to disorder.

Hope everyone is doing okay! :love:

oh my lord. That must be the scariest place to be at the moment. Please everyone stay safe and try and stay away from the mayhem. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Scooty...thanks for starting the thread because I was thinking about starting on myself but I didnt know how to start it.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back