Axalotls

jodie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i hav recently bought an axalotl its about 2 and a half inches was given a fine sand by shop i got it frm but hav read sum pages and am bit worried if its suitable also cud ne1 tell me how old or big they need 2 b b4 u can tell if their male or female :happy: thanx

Hi Jodie, welome to the forum :D

Sand is fine for your little axolotl. It will be a little while before you can find out what sex it is, though some times when it reaches over 6 inches you may be able to tell.
Have a look at the link below and it will tell you plenty about how to look after it.
Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander
I am looking forward to reading morte about your new addition.

On another note, your post was quite hard to read. As this forum is used all over the world we ask that you do not use text speak etc.

thank you for your help :) x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back