Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: New addition to my Axie family

pegasus

Reaction score
Just like to introduce Mocha the new brother or sister to my ever growing axolotl "tribe".

Tequila, Boofhead, Kiren, Corona, Marloo and Tiger welcomed there new sibling yesterday and they all seam happy and content.

:happy:

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

The Banana

Reaction score
Gorgeous as always!

6ft tank? Wow, your axies would LOVE that (and the 3ft)!
I so want to get a 6ft now... now I just need 6feet of space. :D

pegasus

Reaction score
looking good! if you dont mind my asking, were did you get your new addition from?

Thanks chris, well I actually was at city farmers getting puppy food for my choc lab, and just browsing and saw mocha, i thought the colour cute, but walked off and got more dog stuff, but on impulse bought her, lol, cant help myself :wink:

iChris

Reaction score
haha I always do that too, I always end up buying axie stuff even if im not looking for it.

you should take a look at aquotix aquariums in canning vale, they have a indoor axie pond there.

MereB

Reaction score
haha I always do that too, I always end up buying axie stuff even if im not looking for it.

you should take a look at aquotix aquariums in canning vale, they have a indoor axie pond there.
hehe They had a couple of Axanthic albinos in there last week, in pretty good condition. I almost bought one BUT I have NO tanks empty AND axie friendly to quarantine it in :sad: so had to walk away

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1