Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls or Mudpuppies in Oregon? Lpoking for breeders.

hemcneillio

Reaction score
HTML:
I am looking for either a Mudpuppy or Axolotl breeder in Oregon. Preferably Mudpuppy.
I would consider ordering from a neighboring state but I am on a tight budget. Anyone
Know where I could get my hands on one of these?

esn

Reaction score
Mudpuppies aren't legal in Oregon, however the axolotl is. If you haven't already found them, I know that Pets on Broadway in Portland has well cared for adult axolotls. A store employee who owns three herself cares for them. Other than that, I haven't found any breeders.

xxianxx

Reaction score
I just read the link for Oregon, axolotls are under the non controlled birds section (lol) and are apparently legal. Tiger sals are illegal and all the subspecies.

esn

Reaction score
That's weird. It also says african dwarf frogs are illegal, but practically every pet store sells them. I know that there are many Oregon owners. But then, I think Oregon is very slack on animal control policies. I can name about 10 other types of pets that people keep and sell here regularly, especially in chain stores, that are illegal on that list. Petco and Petsmart, why are they not subject to this?

xxianxx

Reaction score
My mistake axolotls are under noncontrolled amphibians. Xenopus are illegal ie african clawed frog, african dwarfs are legal.

Equine Affection

Reaction score
Hi, I am an Axolotl breeder out of Veneta Oregon. I have multiple different morphs available with HETS known. You can find me at Axolotl Affection on social media. Always happy to answer any questions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1