Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Safe play "things" for tank

shells

Reaction score
I've just come across an old ping pong ball while unpacking some boxes and have read some people use these as play thing for their axie. My ping pong ball is a coloured one and was wondering if anyone knows if this would be safe to use?

HayleyCass

Reaction score
Yes I heard this too, I don't know about coloured ones, but I would like to know how they play with it?

lea

Reaction score
I have heard that some play and others dont. Try the ball in a bucket of water and see if it upsets the water or leaks colour

shells

Reaction score
Good tip Lea. I soaked it for ages and it didn't leech any colour, I didn't think about testing the water it was in..DOH!

Jennistophales

Reaction score
I was curious about the toy thing too and I ended up floating a fishing bobber in the tank. It was really popular for a few hours, they were pushing it around and trying to eat it, but I think that once they realized it wasn't edible, they lost interest. :rolleyes:

hacelepues

Reaction score
Yes I heard this too, I don't know about coloured ones, but I would like to know how they play with it?

I think they probably try to eat it. But when they chomp down on a floaty ping pong ball it probably pops away a few inches. So they have to chase it to try to eat it again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!