Filter for Kaiseri

Red Eft14

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Senad
Yet another question lol.Since I'am going to breed the kaiseri newts I want to know which is the best filter.I checked the caudata culture articles and it came down to two options.Either the internal waterfall filter for the adult kaiseri or the sponge filter for the larvea kaiseri.So I'am almost positive that the sponge fiter for the larvea kaiser is great but not so sure about the filter for the adults.

I use a fluval U3 for my 36 gal housing 3 adult kaiseri, I'll never need another filter. Great flow control and customization.

The fluval submersibles are good (for submersibles), but the internal waterfall filter is probably cheaper and undoubtedly easier to clean. I have 5 of them (Tetra 10i and 20i) and really like them. They are the filters I use for Neurergus these days.

I use nothing but an air stone to provide a bit of movement. I find that filters are overkill with this species as I feel they need a long terrestrial period each year. In other words, water changes are better in my opinion.

I use nothing but an air stone to provide a bit of movement. I find that filters are overkill with this species as I feel they need a long terrestrial period each year. In other words, water changes are better in my opinion.

Same deal here, an airstone, plants, regular water changes.

Thankd guys.So i see that the way to go is with basicially most internal filter for kaiseri or plants and water changes and an airstone.Yes I will be drianing the water for the kaiseri since thats what happens to them in the wild and it makes them want to breed.Also I got offered a internal filter for free by my boss(I work in a petstore) and I didn'nt know if it was safe by if the filter makes too strong of a current.

So I stoped by my petstore today and I picked it up and it's a whisper 10i.

.So i see that the way to go is with basicially most internal filter for kaiseri or plants and water changes and an airstone.Yes I will be drianing the water for the kaiseri since thats what happens to them in the wild and it makes them want to breed.Also I got offered a internal filter for free by my boss(I work in a petstore) and I didn'nt know if it was safe by if the filter makes too strong of a current.

What ???? internal filter for kaiseri or plants? What are you saying exactly???:confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back