Question: Is tetra bits good for them?

matan27

Reaction score
Country
Israel
hello, im planing to get some Axolotls sone, ill like to know if tetrabits good fore them
as mane food sorce. also how mach food they need and how meny time's a day?

if you have other recomended food for them ill like to hear about (at my contery we
don't have Axolotls plets so i cant get them...

tnx. matan.

Could you give us the nutrition facts for them? I'm having trouble finding that.

On a whim here I'd say no, because tetra bits are made for fish, and they generally have different requirements.

If you can, worms would be the best way to go.

Tetra Color Tropical Granules offers complete and balanced nutrition along with special color enhancers to bring out the vibrant colors of large tropical fish. Grains sink slowly to allow mid-feeders like discus and cichlids (angelfish) plenty of time to feed.Ingredients: Fish Meal, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Wheat Germ Meal, Wheat Flour, Corn Gluten, Feeding Oat Meal, Potato Protein, Shrimp Meal, Dried Yeast, Wheat Gluten, Monobasic Calcium Phosphate, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Lecithin, Algae Meal, Soybean Oil, Yeast Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Inositol, Niacin, A-Tocopherol-Acetate, Riboflavin-5-phosphate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin, Cholecalciferol, Manganese sulfate, Zinc sulfate, Ferrous sulfate, Cobalt nitrate. Coloring Agents: Beta-Carotene, Red 3 dye, Ethoxyquin and Citric Acid both as Preservatives.Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 47.5%, crude fat (min.) 6.5%, crude fiber (max.) 2%, moisture (max.) 6%, phosphorus (min.) 1.5%, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) (min.) 100 mg/kg.

i can give them frozen worm (ocen nutricen), but ther are some days that im not
at home, and ill like to feed them white the otomatic feedr that i have..

how many time's a day theas gays need to eat?

that is a poor diet for them. They are one of the few animals that is a complete carnivore. Those pellets are stuffed with fillers - wheat and soybean products, yeast and gluten. None of these things are natural food to any aquatic animal, let alone axolotls which are ill equipped to digest them. If you want to feed pellets, you should find 100% carnivore fish pellets. Sinking Salmon or trout pellets are recommended, or even better axolotl pellets!

Axolotl Pellets - Sinking food pellets for Axolotls

Aquarium Supermarket - AquaMaster Axolotl Food 150g

you can buy them in most pet stores. If you can't, buy them online, its probably cheaper anyway.

An even better diet is fresh earth worms. They are so easy, nutritionally complete and cheap! you buy a few hundred and start a worm farm! you will never run out of free food then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back