Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: What is that mystery spot?

meerkat

Reaction score
My adult female has a large spot on her side. It has only grown larger as she has grown larger. It is flat, not fluffy, does not seem to affect her health as she is eating well and breeding. I am not overly concerned, however if anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 244

lea

Reaction score
Do you have anything living in the tank with the axie????

meerkat

Reaction score
There are 3 other axies in the tank, one platy and a couple of tiny snails. Any help?

lea

Reaction score
ummm.... Could the platy attach itself to your axie??? It looks like it could be a bite mark, then on the other hand it could be its skin colouring........someone with more experience might be online soon and help you more.

All I can suggest is to keep the water clean and coo. Please keep an eye out for fungus and treat with salt baths if needed.
Sorry Im not much help at all

meerkat

Reaction score
I keep the tank well maintained and watch the temperature. The spot is flat, so does not look like a fungus, although it could be a freaky flat kind. My initial thought was that it was a skin blemish, hence why I was not concerned. Please let me know if I need to worry.

Neil C

Reaction score
My feeling is that it is just some abnormal colouring. Quite a few Aussie axies have weird spots and splodges of colour. I'd still monitor it though and if it changes beyond normal growth I'd see about treating it.

Regards Neil

lea

Reaction score
Cool I would just keep and eye on it. If your axie starts behaving stranger than normal then you might have to look into in more.....

hdonahue

Reaction score
Cool I would just keep and eye on it. If your axie starts behaving stranger than normal then you might have to look into in more.....

Agreed.
I think its just coloration as its been growing with her/its flat/not fuzzy. I don't thinks its a problem like lea said just keep an eye out for odd behavior or growing, but i think its just coloration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!