Question: Cycle Crash Caught Early-- Where should Sally go for now?

hdonahue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tree Hugging Auxie
Well I noticed Sally getting real active so decided I'd check the levels again. My cycle seems to have crashed. She is fine and in a bucket right now with safe water.

I need to recycle which I know how to do but was just wondering where I should keep her for the time being? Any suggestions she will be out of her home for atleast two weeks. Any suggestions?

A plastic container would be fine. Just do water changes everyday.

When we moved, my axies were left in a bucket for a week till we could get everything set up for them. I didn't feed them as much so they didn't mess up their water and just did a partial change every day.

They did fine :) I'm sure 2 weeks in a plastic tub or bucket would be fine for yours too.

okie thats what I was planning on doing and I dont really have any other options anyway:D lol but thank you!

Another option is cycling in the tank, just keep the ammonia below .5 ppm's. it will take longer to cycle a fish tank with the lower ammonia levels, but you'll be able to see her in the tank.

What's the difference between cycling the tank wit the axie in it and having to change 20 -30 % water everyday, and keeping it in a bucket and having to change 100% water everyday?

None, IMHO, i'd just cycle with them in it.

The more relevant question might be, why did it crash?

Bren

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back