Question: New!

tightrope10

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jack
Hello! I am a newbie from PA, and the reason I joined is because I want to get an axolotl soon. I will post pictures as soon as I have one. But on to the question: what do you like to feed your axolotls?

Cheers!:D

I feed mine mainly earthworms but they also get bllodworms and pellets. I also have cherry shrimp in with them so they can have a snack

It's more of what it should eat than what we like to feed them hehe :p I'm originally from PA. I got mine from That Fish Place in lancaster

I feed my axolotls worms and pellets

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Firstly, I admire how you are researching on axies, rather than rushing into getting one, only to find out later it's sick for some reason. Well done. :happy:

Earthworms are the best staple diet for them. If you don't use pesticides/chemicals, you can dig them from your garden - or even start a worm farm.

If you haven't already, I recommend reading through Axolotl.org, and Caudata Culture.

All the best in your research, and your future axolotl - I know you will love them just as much as I do.
If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask.

Mine love red wigglers and pellets.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back