Blarg! I'm sooooo confused.... HELP

P

pinkstarlights

So Cedric had been floating for over a week, I came home the other night from work and go to check on my boys, and found Ceric not only still floating at the top but now on his side!

Once again went through all the steps, water test temp check, etc. etc. etc.

He's young and a bit skittish yet, but I was able to put my hand in the water and give him something to rest on.

So off to the fridge he went! 1st day no change, 2nd day still floating, tried to feed him and while he took the food he spit it right back out!!! 3rd day HE POOPED THE GREAT POOP!!!! YAY, There was so much sand in it. BUT HE IS STILL FLOATING ON HIS SIDE!

He's only a couple of months old he's not that big. Is it possible that he still has more junk built up in his system?

How long should we keep him in the fridge?

How often should we try feeding him while he's in the fridge?

Could he have some sort of disease?

My husband and I never had one single issue with are massive 11" Hermes. He's healthier than a horse! We're just so perplexed by all this.

Tomorrow I'm going out to buy and new bucket, siphon, net, tank scrubber and etc. for Hermes. I'm starting to get paranoid that what ever is wrong with Cedric might get passed to Hermes tank.

Did you say he is only a couple of months old???? Babies at they age like to float. I have 20 of them and a couple of them just float around the top of the tank. The fridge slows their bodies down so they dont eat much at all.
I think I would get all the sand out on the tank and leave it bare bottom that way he cant get anymore in his little belly. If your water parameters are fine and the water temp is in the normal range I wouldn't worry over it to much. Babies do some really strange things just to worry us...........

Yeah i got a new baby and hes pretty floaty, he likes doing weird things, as long as theres no signs of distress in the tail or fungus i really wouldnt worry for now. And he may have a bit more junk in his system but its perfectly fine, he should just pass it on his own now that the large poo has gone.

My axi has tricked me into thinking she was dead and ill so many times, but no she was getting me at it the naughty bugger xx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back