Cut Dorsal crest

lorraine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea how he has done it, but Mr Stimpy has a diagonal cut on his crest along his back, will he be ok ?

How deep is the cut? They usually heal well. Just keep an eye out for things like fungus and keep the water clean and everything will be OK.

One of mine has the same problem, no idea how it happened, but I'm not worried about it, these things happen, but I'm sure that our babies try new injuries out on us to see which freak us out the most. ;)

Thankyou, I have been keeping an eye on him, is almost down to his back and along one side of the cut there is a little blood. They have never injured themselves before lol.

Laalflaach where abouts in cumbria are you? we are in Northumberland.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back