Reaction score
Country
China
Display Name
JIAJIA
Hi all!
My name is Jia.
I'm very happy to be a member of this forum!:happy:

I am a student in Peking University studying Paleontology. Currently, my focus is the evolutionary history and the phylogeny of Caudata as well as Anuran. There are a lot of fossil salamander samples lying in my room quietly, I quite enjoy their company.

Fortunately, After enormous steps of evolution and so many alterations in the geological history, these cute creatures successfully managed to survive. Think about it, Amazing! right?

Besides researching its skeleton architecture and fossil impression, I also want to raise one or two different species of salamander myself to increase my knowledge of the behaviors and ecology of the extant salamander. Any recommendations? :p

I also rasie one turtle now at hand. It's a Branzilian Turtle which have already settled down for 1 year at my home, and I'll upload some pictures later.

Okay, so much for this.

Welcome Jia! hope you enjoy your stay here and good luck at your university

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back