New tanks plus freebie!

Aaran

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Aaron >( ' - ' )<
So today i picked up a new tank, 6ft x 1..5ft x1ft and got a freebie jewel aquarium thats 2ft x 1ftx1ft which had lid, inbuilt filter (that works) and light fixings (presume work) huzzah! got all this job lot for £25

STEAL!

Unfortunately the 6fter leaks has 2 pin hole leaks at the bottom where the silicone has worn, so replacing the silicone should be ready in under a month :D

So keep an eye, and you will soon see my newest axie setups. Natural looking style with the odd pot :)

wow! £25!!! I've been searching for a new tank for ages and hadn't been able to get one at a decent price. Just picked up a 3ft tank with fluval 3 filter, pump, an under gravel filter, light unit and lid for £50. I'm so jealous. I saw loads of tanks on ebay without lids but I have a cat so I really needed the lid. I can't wait to set it up for my two. They are still only about 6 inches long so they will have plenty of room!

Most of my tanks are lidless, but its easy for me to make them so its not a problem. Cant wait to set up mine,

I wouldnt use ebay, try freecycle or preloved :)

i have 2 81/2 inch lotls in a 3ft x 1.5 x 1 and i think its too small, mainly those like the floor to be clear to lul about, but the with the 6ft its twice the floor space for them :)

Also another thing, i already had adequate tanks, i just look on occasion on the off chance something turns up, sometimes when your really looking they just dont turn up.

:) goodluck on your hunt btw.

actually its when you're really hunting for a tank, they never show up.

well, mine will have to make do with a 3ft tank now coz I can't buy another. The cabinet I have would only take 4ft anyway but with a 3ft tank I will have room to put the kids fish tank next to the axolotls so they can look at each other through the glass.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back