Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

FYI: We have hatclingssss!!! Yayay!!

NooNoo Kz

Reaction score
Haha just to let you know we finally have about 10 hatched so far!! I put some daphnia in the tank and thats floating around, waiting for them to get hungry!! :D

iSuzie

Reaction score
they wont eat for another 24-74 hours, so feeding them now is a little bit of a waste lol but CONGRATS xD

NooNoo Kz

Reaction score
Lol the daphnia will survive in there and some of them had hatched last nightish so some will get hungry just before the 24 hour mark. some maybe in 3 days!! But who cares!! haha we have all sorts of colours, this litter is supposed to be 1/4 golden albino, 1/4 black, 1/2 wildtype... Its going to be exciting watching the colours grow into them!!!

iSuzie

Reaction score
yea but its just a waste lolz just cos when u clean out there water for the daily water change, they will get cleaned out too.. that's all :) what colours have hatched so far ? xD

NooNoo Kz

Reaction score
White spotted and black spotted and other colours lol!! havnt been home to mums to see how many hatched there... But I bought a turtle!! and his name is turtley!! lol!! I think its a he, but hes only a lil tacker!! :)

iSuzie

Reaction score
lol he would be the same size as my baby turtle xD he's only the size of a 20cent piece and i have a bigger one i got last year.

NooNoo Kz

Reaction score
okay hes a bit bigger than a 20 cent peice but I have him in a small tank but he has tonnes of room coz hes small LOL!! he was helping me with homework before.

iSuzie

Reaction score
what type of turtle set up do you have? i have a 2ft turtle tank, with UV light over the top because they have to have at least 12 hours of UV light per day, their heater, set to 26 cos its perfect for turtles and we have a large rock in the centre so as the little turtle can get up on the dock to sun bake :D my two turtles cuddle together, my little one sits under the big one :D
thats my turtles :D
But mute it, its a loud background with my little boy being silly lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW553ZYSgM0&feature=channel_video_title

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1