Hi from NSW Australia !!!

sammie68

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Happy Axi !
Hiya everyone,

I'm from Northern NSW in Australia and I'm a happy and proud owner of a golden albino axolotl named Taco. The name was not my choice, I have two boys aged 9 and 10 who I bought Taco for so they chose his name, however I have become so attached to him that the boys now only think they own him lol.

We have only had our axolotl for 6 days and have never owned one before. He was bought from a local pet shop in our area and seems to be in good health. He was kept in a very small tank at the shop but at least it was by himself and not with other fish.

Anyway I have a million questions to ask so I'm off to trawl the forums for answers and ask questions. Hope I don't bother anyone to much with all the tedious questions I'm going to ask. Looking forward to meeting some great people from all over the globe.

Regards
Sammie.:talker:

Welcome to the forum, Sammie, Taco, and family!

Ask all the questions you want; that's why we're here. But it's good to hear you're cruising the forum. There are hundreds of threads full of information out there!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back