Hello from MA

Shaun6685

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently stumbled upon a few axolotls at a LFS... I have wanted one for quite a while now, but had never been able to find any locally. I happened to have a free tank up and running and couldn't resist the temptation... this site has been invaluable so far, any question I had has already been asked and answered.

Welcome to the forum, and Hi from Mass! What LFS?!@ You in the boston area?

Wow, completely missed the fact that I got a few responses to this... so to answer the questions, I got a golden albino, which they had three of and all are currently gone. This was at Uncle Ned's Fish Factory in Millis. I did happen to find another store that still has a few, also golden albinos... this was in NH this past weekend, but apparently they have another store in MA. I'll have to find the business card I have, can't remember the name right now. The axolotls were already adults at this store, and were being kept with koi fish in a little pond. Someone might wanna go rescue those poor, short gilled axolotls...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back