Question: Help!!

phee

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can anyone help me how can i get my 3 day old alxoltols to eat?? Y

What kind of foods are you offering?

They need tiny livefood at that age and baby brine shrimps or baby daphnia are the prefered choices. Once added to the water the babies should snap them up readily. If they are not then you might have some other issues.

Regards Neil

I am trying to get them to eat live little worms

I am trying to get them to eat live little worms
What type of worms?
Larvae don't require food for 24-72 hours this may be why they are not eating yet, they may still be full from their egg yolk.
Have they got round belly's? Or pinkish red right sides?

I think they are called black worms? I got them from the pet shop they are aid it wazzup what they feed theirs an some of them do some of them don't?

At 3 days old I was feeding mine Baby Brine shrimp. They only have llittle mouths so the food needs to be tiny as well.

I'm pretty sure blackworms will be too big even if you do chop them up. They need much smaller food for the first few weeks.

Regards Neil

Maybe you should start a BBS hatchery ASAP. There is a thread on here just use the search button.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back